National Nutrition Month
SWEET POTATO ENERGY BITES
Nothing like a healthy, convenient, portable snack for you to enjoy made with simple, natural ingredients and no refined sugar. Perfect to enjoy on the go or as a post work-out snack. You can always adjust the recipe according to your preferences using peanut butter or a regular potato instead. These energy bites can store in the fridge or freezer for up to 2 weeks.
Serving Size: 1 bite (1oz) | Yield: 12 bites | Method: Mix
- 1 cup Rolled oats
- 1 tbsp Chia seeds
- 1 tbsp Ground flaxseed 1 tbsp Unsalted pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup Dried cherries 1 tsp Ground cinnamon
- ½ Large, cooked sweet potato (no skin – about ¾ c)
- 3 tbsp Sunflower seed butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract ¼ cup Maple syrup
- In a large bowl, combine oats, chia seeds, flax, pumpkin seeds, cherries, and cinnamon. Note: If your dried cherries are large, chop in half or into quarters as desired.
- In a separate bowl, mash together sweet potato, sunflower seed butter, vanilla, and maple syrup.
- Add potato mixture to oats and stir until fully combined.
- Roll into 12 balls and enjoy! Store in refrigerator.
PER SERVING: 110 CALORIES | 30 CALORIES FROM FAT | 3.5 GM TOTAL FAT | 0 GM SATURATED FAT | 0 GM TRANS FAT 0 MG CHOLESTEROL | 20 MG SODIUM | 19 GM CARBOHYDRATE 2 GM FIBER | 10 GM TOTAL SUGAR | 2 GM PROTEIN